• WAAM, Wire Arc Additive Manufacturing technology.
• A high deposition rate additive manufacturing process, using arc welding and wirefeed systems.
WAAM technology allows you to work with all materials used in welding.
How it works
Wire is melted using an arc welding process to create a bead.
Beads are overlapped to create layers.
The piece is created layer by layer.
Additive manufacturing versus casting/forging + machining
• Lower raw material consumption.
• Lower energy consumption.
• Shorter lead time.
WAAM versus other additive technologies
• Higher deposition rates.
• Possibility to manufacture more large-scale parts and preforms.